The University of Leicester is delighted to offer a 4-year ERC-funded PhD studentship on the “Towards a Third Nuclear Age” research project to international students willing to enroll in a research program at the University.
The School of History, Politics and International Relations (HyPIR) at the University of Leicester is fully-funded PhD studentship on the European Research Council-funded “Towards a Third Nuclear Age” research project led by Professor Andrew Futter.
The University of Leicester welcomes Ph.D. research proposals on any aspect of the move towards a “Third Nuclear Age” from any theoretical perspective, including but not limited to: the impact of new, emerging, and disruptive technology on nuclear order; the concept of nuclear ages; how nuclear risks are changing in different parts of the world.
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria for University of Leicester ERC-funded PhD Studentship 2021;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The successful candidate will have access to funding for conference attendance, be supported to develop their own research portfolio, and contribute to the team’s research activities and outputs.
- Evidence of English if applicable.
- In the proposal sectionprovide a 1500-word research proposal (this should clearly explain the research problem, research question, and approach, and include references where relevant).
- Enter the contact details of two academic referees in the text boxes provided or upload letters of reference.
- In the funding section state Professor Futter’s ERC Politics Studentship in the space provided.
The benefit for University of Leicester ERC-funded PhD Studentship Scholarship includes the following;
- Funding for UK/EU students will include a UK tuition fee waiver and a maintenance grant of £15,609 pa.
- Applications from international students are welcome, but will only be eligible for a waiver of tuition fees and no stipend.
How-to-Apply: The successful candidate will have access to funding for conference attendance, be supported to develop their own research portfolio, and contribute to the team’s research activities and outputs.
Please include the following with your application:
- Degree Transcripts and certificates
- In the Personal statement section provide a 1-page cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the studentship and a sample of academic writing (this could be an essay from your most recent degree).
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021