Applications are being accepted from interested students in Africa to Study at the University of Essex on scholarships. This particular scholarship is for students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in the UK and wish to choose the university of Essex as their study destination.
If you are an international student from any African nation and you are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship grant of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee and the deadline is 18th September 2021.
University of Essex Scholarships for Africans | Eligibility Criteria
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation (see the full terms and conditions for definition of “ordinary residence”)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2021-22 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table below
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will be considered for this award grant if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognized UK university, other than the University of Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship grant. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at the University of Essex.
Application Deadline: September (Annually)