The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the GSUK Middle East & N. Africa Achievement Scholarship, two scholarship awards of £2,500 for selected students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at Birmingham UK. The award is available for the academic year 2021-2022 and deadline would be July 2nd 2021.
This is a joint award with the University’s local representative, Global Study UK, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programmes in 2021/22.
The scholarship program assists international students who want to commence an undergraduate program in the field of Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences.
The University of Birmingham is a well-known research university in the heart of the United Kingdom that offers foreign students the best teaching facilities and housing support. It offers over 250 undergraduate courses, 600 postgraduate courses, 140 research opportunities, and 450 PhD programmes.
July 2, 2021
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate program in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2021. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as domiciled in one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or the UAE (i.e., habitually resident in one of these countries).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the program.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the Award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – Global Study UK.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with Global Study UK by 2 July 2021.
- Upon enrolment in September 2021, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in an undergraduate program at the University of Birmingham.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a high school certificate with a good academic record.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.